- What’s the point of the “appointed” language (ESV) in Jonah?
- Do you find any irony in the book of Jonah (hint: there's a lot)? What's the purpose of the irony?
- What does this book reveal to us about God?
- With whom do you identify in this book? Why so?
- Why do you think the book ends so abruptly? What might be the purpose of such an ending?
- If you were to summarize the book in a sentence, what would you say?
Friday, March 10, 2017
Priming the Pump for Sunday - Jonah
We're going to be studying the book of Jonah this Sunday. I'd encourage you read the book in advance so it's fresh on your mind. As you read, it might be helpful to keep a few questions in mind. They just might help you understand and catch the impact of this book a bit more: