Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gospel Growth: What Do You Expect?!

Dave Kraft:
A man applied for a new job. On the questionnaire, he was asked how many years of experience he had. He wrote sixteen. During the oral interview, this question was put to him, "Do you really have sixteen years of experience, or one year repeated fifteen times?"
I've been a follower of Jesus Christ for fifty years, and I could ask myself the same question: Do I have fifty years of leaning and growing in Jesus, or on year repeated forty-nine times? Am I moving forward or treading water? Am I different today than I was last year? What specifically has changed? What am I doing differently? What have I stopped doing, and what have I started doing with God's grace? What habits have I developed or broken?
-- Dave Kraft, Leaders Who Last (Wheaton, IL: Crossway, 2010), 112-13.

No comments:

Post a Comment