- You have not. James 4:2 … You do not have, because you do not ask.
- You enter into unnecessary temptation – in a weak condition. Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
- You are empty of joy where you could be full. John 16:24 … Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.
- You can do nothing. John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
- You labor and watch in vain.
Psalm 127:1 Unless the LORD builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchman stays awake in vain. 2 It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives to his beloved sleep.